The binaries used in the graphs that follow are:
- 5131_inno - 5.1.31 + tcmalloc + InnoDB 1.0.3 plugin + InnoDB
- 6010_falcon_orig - 6.0.10-alpha + tcmalloc + Falcon
- 6bzr_falcon_orig - mysql-6.0-falcon in launchpad + tcmalloc + Falcon
- 6010_falcon_fix - 6010_falcon_orig with fix in SyncObject::backoff
- 6bzr_falcon_fix - 6bzr_falcon_orig with fix in SyncObject::backoff
- Throughput in queries per hour for concurrent joins from 1 to 16 concurrent queries. The fix is significant for 6bzr_falcon_orig.
- Throughput in transactions per second for my sysbench from 1 to 64 concurrent users.
To put this in context, there is still a big difference between InnoDB and Falcon as can be viewed in the throughput in queries per hour for concurrent joins and the throughput in transactions per second for my sysbench.
A bug is open for this.